The Square and Round Dancers of South Western Ontario has been a dancer-run organization since we began in 1959, founded by Harry and Kay Sehl. We are unique in that we are one of the few such organizations that has lasted more than a few years. In fact, in 2009, we celebrated our 50th anniversary. Today, the Square and Round Dancers of South Western Ontario has approximately 30 clubs across the region.
For a printer friendly list of clubs, the CLUB ROSTER is available.
Over the years, we are proud to say that we have:
- Added to the experience of many callers and aided in promoting them
- Provides callers for those areas lacking in leadership personnel
- Given many dancers their first thrill of a big affair
- Created and supported Callers Clinic, which in turn has helped to keep the South Western Ontario area coordinated and knowledgeable
- Introduced many dancers to the fun and excitement of square and round dancing
- Produced many last friendships
- Promoted the health benefits of square and round dancing